Forbes Africa and Urban Music Station, Channel O partners to bring a list of Africa’s Most Bankable Top Ten Artists. According to Forbes Africa’s website, the top ten were determined by factors such as other business ventures and current endorsement deals. The criteria also includes popularity, Youtube views as well as social media influence.
Here is a list of the The Top Ten:
- Akon – CEO of Konvict Music
- Don Jazzy – CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer. MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk Ambassador. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit.
- P-Square – Featured on Forbes Africa twice, Sold out concerts, Presidential guest in at least 5 African countries.
- D’banj – Music Artiste, International music brand, Good Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal.
- Wizkid – EME artiste, Starboy CEO, Several international collaboration, Highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, Ambassador of MTN
- 2Face Idibia – Music Artiste. 10 million disc and at least 7 million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist – 2face foundation
- Anselmo Ralph – Music Artiste, Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola Prince, Perfume line, Clothing label, Multi million dollar tour bus, Sony artiste
- Sarkodie -Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, Fan milk Ghana
- Ice Prince – Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
- Banky W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winners
Note that the term “bankable” is defined in the music industry as, “certain to bring profit and success“.