Once again, Nigeria’s top A-list music producer Tee-Y Mix(@Teeymix) brings back ‘April Tunes’; Nigeria’s biggest online music competition. Contestants stand a chance to win $2000 cash and a recording contract.
The competition, which kicks off today (7th March, 2014) has been designed to engage, motivate fans and find Nigeria’s next singing sensation.
Season 2 is set to be even bigger and better as you have more time to get it right and more time to garner votes. The website launches today and video entries starts NOW till the end of March 2014.
- Do a 60 seconds cover of your favorite Nigerian or International artist.
- Make a video using a phone or any recording device.
- Ensure that your audio and picture quality is good.
- Register and upload your video on website (www.apriltunes.net) beginning from 7th March, 2014. Entries close on the 31st March 2014 as voting starts on the1st of April to the 13th of April.
- Should you qualify to the next stage, you will receive aTee-Y Mix produced Beat, compose and sing your own original song over that beat then, upload it back to website (www.apriltunes.net) and start canvassing for votes from the 17th April till 27th April, 2014.
NB: A good quality recording will increase your chance of getting views and votes and an opportunity to win the competition.
Entries from The UK and US will also be considered.
The winner will be declared based on 70% votes and 30% judges score. The team of Judges are:
Tee-Y Mix (Award winning super A-list Music Producer), Sound Sultan (Award winning artist), Waje (Award winning Soulful singer) and Mannie (Top presenter cool FM Lagos).
This competition is open to all while terms and conditions apply.
Follow on Twitter @april_tunes
Like on Facebook on www.facebook.com/apriltunes