A 16-year-old teenager, identified as Timehin Jinadu, was Monday morning, reportedly burnt to death when a duplex of four bedrooms at the Lekki area of Lagos, caught fire. P.M News reports that the fire started at about 2am on Monday in a duplex at 35C, Ajiran Road, Agungi area of Lekki. The boy’s family was said to be asleep when the fire began.
Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe said the fire service station was called around 2am and that it responded promptly to the call and succeeded in rescuing three people from the duplex of four bedrooms.
“The body of a 16-year old Timehin was discovered at the bathroom roasted. It might be that the boy ran to the bathroom to escape from the fire but had nowhere to go to after that,” Fadipe confirmed.
Fadipe divulged that the fire was caused by power surge after light was restored in the night to the area.
The Director also added that the father of the boy and two other children inhaled smoke which made them unconscious and had to be rushed to the hospital.