Earlier this month, we brought you the emotional and heartbreaking video of an Old Woman, Emily Oyedele, whose tear jerking reaction to the demolition of her house, went viral.
Former Bread Seller turn super star, Olajumoke Orisaguna have now reached out to her and sorted her out. Talking about the good act, Olajumoke said
“My team found mama Emily Oyedele. @qtabyevents team embarked on a search today & eventually located her. She lives alone in a “face-me-I-face-you” and she has neighbors that assist her. They say she is 130yrs old, though she looks very old, we can not verify her age.
Mama Emily has no living child but has a grandson called Benjamin Oyedele who she was referring to in the viral video.
The residents of the area confirmed that they do not know exactly when the demolition will get to them but it has already commenced.
1) Rent a decent 1bedroom apartment for mama Emily,
2)Furnish the apartment quickly 3) Relocate her there before the demolition gets to her (we have just about two weeks)
4) Possibly get a little girl that can live with her to help her with cleaning, cooking e.t.cor find out if her son can live with her
5) Form a small community of 20people called “friends or Mama Emily”
6) Designate one person to visit her once weekly, spend time with her e.t.c
7) We will also try to assist her grandson to learn a trade & earn a living as that is the only way her Joy will be complete
We will look into the possibility of helping other people in the community as we found another very old man that lives not far from Mama Emily whose house is also marked for demolition
The gentleman in brown shirt in the picture is her grandson Benjamin Oyedele. He was in our office yesterday and we realized that him and Mama’s son had a building site before things went down & mama’s died. The house needs plastering and roofing and fixing of toilets. We visited the building site yesterday. We will like to help them complete that house so that mama can live with his grandson & great grand children for the rest of her life.